Saturday, June 4, 2011

food trucks

Apparently flip flops on the wrong feet ARE appropriate climbing footwear.

I simply cannot believe this is what my boy looks like. What happened to my baby? What happened to my toddler?

I'm actually a little sad he's crying. A leashed dog got a little too close for comfort.

Lou and I had a picnic in the grass. She's getting more comfortable with different textures on her feet.

There is some serious sand box playing going on here.

Waiting in line for the cupcake truck.

Please note the aforementioned wrong footed footwear and our chipped pedicures...classy.
Boo. Scott had to work tonight and instead of staying home with the kids in solidarity for the working man, we headed to the Denver Food Truck festival without him. Sorry, Scott. Lucky for Avery, there was a preschool at the venue that had its playground open and we spent most of our time there. I really could have used another set of hands because if you've never pushed a stroller, kept track of a 3 year old, purchased and carried a salad, a cone of french fries and a full cup of beer all while negotiating through a very large crowd of people, dogs (we had to steer clear of them) and their strollers, then you may not speak to me about having your hands full. We made a second trip for the cupcakes.

Eventually, we found our way back to the playground, set up camp and had a relaxing evening. I won't mention Vivienne's whining because at this point, it really goes without saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment