He was excited before he realized he had to eat it.In a valiant attempt to get Avery to eat fresh fruits and especially veggies (yes, I am still hiding veggie cubes in food - one day he'll realize that eggs and mac 'n cheese are not green), I created this Rainbow Meal for him thinking that maybe food presentation would change things up. Ha. Ha. Ha. He ate the yogurt covered raisins and one bite of carrot dipped in ranch dressing. I really wanted him to try a kidney bean and after much negotiation I bribed him with an Avery show. So he takes a bean and puts it in his mouth and says, "Yummy." Now imagine, if you will, sitting at your friend's grandmother's house and she has just served you something disgusting. But you, being the kind, magnanimous person you are, want to be polite so you muster the reserve, tighten your stomach and say, "Yummy" all while choking down the vile bite. That is the kind of "yummy" Avery gave me. He then proceeded to gag for 5 minutes.
Needless to say, my Rainbow Meal did not work.
Needless to say, my Rainbow Meal did not work.

11 points, if you ask me! :)
ReplyDelete