Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Steamboat
Sarah came to town so instead of hanging out in Denver, we, along with the Wassermans decided to head up to Steamboat Springs for a long, relaxing weekend, and relaxing it was despite a few moments of pure Colorado adventure. To get to Steamboat, one needs to traverse Rabbit Ears Pass and was it a rough go. It was some of the worst blizzards any of us have ever seen. Luckily, there was a caravan of cars going approximately 5 miles per hour (I'm not kidding, 5 mph) so we didn't have to make the journey alone. When the wind blew, we literally couldn't see 2 feet in front of the car. There was a point that I thought we were going to have to pull over and wait the storm out.
If facing being stranded in the snow wasn't enough, Avery got car sick. There was not a lot we could do because there was not a chance that I was going to unbuckle him in that blizzard because we would need every safety feature should the car go off the side of the mountain. He also got sick on the way home. He always seems to increase his vomit production around Aunt Sarah. At this point, she has caught more episodes than I have.
Thankfully, we all made it safely to our ski in/ski out condo on the mountain and the kids loved it. Luckily, they were happy just to hang out, play and eat junk food for most of the vacation. The daddies skied and the ladies just wanted to relax. I had a raging sinus infection and was almost useless as a human being and was so thankful to have the help with Avery.
Overall, the weekend was very relaxing and not very eventful - everything we were hoping for in this vacation. I did have one of the best massages ever and ate more than one cookie for breakfast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment