Quotes:
"Mama, help me with my penis." (more on potty training in an upcoming post)
***
"Mama, what are you making?"
"I'm making chicken chili for Miss Cathryn, Annabelle and Scott."
"No, you're making me a baby sister to love."
...and that too.
***
While driving to deliver the above mentioned chicken chili:
"We going to Annabelle's house to see her baby sister Madelyn?"
"Yes, do you like Annabelle's baby sister?" (he had met Madelyn at Monkey Business the day before)
"No, I LOVE MY baby sister!"
***
Avery ran up to me, lifted up my shirt, and hugged and kissed my belly unprompted.
"Baby sister in there...I need to LOVE you!"
***
The Chicken Story:
So I've had only a few cravings during this pregnancy and one hit particularly hard after Avery and I went to Liks for ice cream. I just couldn't stop thinking about fried chicken but was having trouble thinking about actually eating it, not only for the health reasons but also because of the environmental impact such food productions have. Yes, I've seen King Corn and Food Inc. Also, I had just eaten two scoops of ice cream for pete's sake!
So, in trying to talk myself out of it, we got in the car to go home and I just thought that we'd take Colfax for a change (knowing very well that Popeye's is on Colfax, somewhere). I pulled onto Colfax and there it was, beckoning to me... and giving in to my INSANE craving I pulled into the drive-through. Well, my very curious toddler was in the back and he was all, "Mama, what are you doing doing? What are you getting? What is that lady doing? Where is that lady going? What is that money for?" I calmly told him that this was a chicken restaurant and DON'T tell daddy that mama got some chicken (the last thing I wanted was for anyone to know that I had just eaten ice cream and was about to down two mixed pieces and a biscuit). Oh, the shame.
I don't regret it at all. That chicken was probably the best thing I've ever eaten.
The funny part of the story was that two days later, Scott picked up Avery from Heather's house since it was IndiDocuNite and took him home. Well, the route back from Heather's includes a leg on Colfax and when they boys approached Popeye's, Avery screams, "Daddy! Daddy! It's mommy's chicken restaurant!!!" Scott promptly called me and said that the gig was up. Avery ratted me out and I had to admit to devouring fried chicken as only a pregnant woman can.
From Scott---To clarify, he actually said, "Daddy!! Ohhhh Drive Thru! Momma gets Chicken. Shhhhh. Secret Daddy!! Drive Thru!"
No comments:
Post a Comment