Thursday, July 4, 2013

july 4th

Requisite popsicle color tongue pic.
Viv's goes up, Mady's goes down. Photo credit: Cathryn (I think she was under the influence of a Cassie cocktail when she edited this :)
The kids put on their own parade before the actual one started


Annabelle has her wave down.

It was so fun...and silly.

Waiting patiently

This girl loves a good parade, or even a low budget, neighborhood pseudo parade as the case may be.

It got more than a little crazy when they started throwing candy.

It was like a game within the parade

Caution: toddlers will throw elbows to get to the candy.

Would have been hilarious if they had thrown pies

Love these feet
Not from the parade but from walking home through City Park after the fireworks.

Looking for a more low-key Fourth of July celebration (fighting the crowds downtown with all the heat and traffic did not sound appealing to Cathryn and I on our precious day off) Cathryn suggested the Park Hill 4th of July parade which happens to pass right by their house. We had GREAT seats! I joked in one of the captions, but it really was such a delightful experience and the kids had a fantastic time picking up tons of shattered lolly pops off the road. I definitely feel this will be an annual tradition and maybe one day, we will participate!

Later that night, we went over to the science museum to watch the downtown fireworks. Unfortunately, we were a bit too far away to see the show, but the kids had a blast staying up really, really late and playing in the park in the dark. We even stopped at the playground on the way home and it was one of those moments where I was clicking away with my mental camera, savoring the moment of my children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment