Saturday, April 21, 2012

soccer zoom






I have been wanting to try out a zoom lens and rented one for the weekend to play with. Well, let me tell you, this thing was a BEAST and challenging to use. The super zoom was difficult for my eyes to adjust to and I'm pretty sure that I do not need this much zoom on a regular basis. I do however, love the photo of Avery's cleats. I was standing in Utah when I took it.

Also, today was a big life learning event for Avery. At the end of each practice, different teams scrimmage and this time, the Green Frogs were up against the oldest and most skilled team. These kids were amazing and they squashed those poor Green Frogs. It was like 25-0 despite how desperately the coaches were trying to help the Frogs score. I was so proud of Avery, he didn't give up even after getting hurt. He tried so hard even when his teammates had long given up.


Needless to say, he was devastated that they didn't even score one goal. We had a long talk about being a good loser and that you have to lose sometimes to know how good winning feels. The bigger point I wanted to make with his is that he kept at it. Kept trying. Kept going.


It is very interesting watching Avery develop 'older' qualities. He is crazy competitive and it already has been challenging to help him steer that competitiveness in healthy directions. There is a fine line between pushing yourself and being a jerk about it and Scott will help Avery find that balance every step of the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment