Tuesday, April 17, 2012

ballet

The first of many ballet buns

Waiting for class to begin

The shoes add a certain level of ridiculousness to the outfit



Watch out! It is possible to start your period just by looking at this picture, there is so much girlie estrogen in there. It doesn't matter if you're a male or female.


We had to borrow some shoes because they don't make them small enough for her tiny feet. It took some convincing to get them on






The girls get stamps on their hands at the end
Loving the light in this image
This post is alternately titled: The Girliest Thing I've Ever Done


After I witnessed that magic that was Annabelle's dance recital I just knew Vivienne had to take ballet, and even though the class where there is a recital doesn't happen until age 3, I figured she should start now, so that she's comfortable going to class. Plus, there is a mother/tot class on Thursday mornings that just happens to fit into our schedule while Avery is at school. Also, Auntie Sarah was a ballerina and I think it would have been grounds for being disinherited (me, not Viv) if we didn't try it at least for a little while.


So, with super cute ballet outfit doned and hair in adorable buns, we hit the studio for the first time. Viv did really well, but at this age, it's more freestyle 'dance' than anything else. She did most of the moves, but at one point realized there were stickers on the floor and then proceeded to scootch around the room counting them. The only time she cried was when the teacher took her to do a skill like roll or somersault. Shockingly, she did not like being separated from me :)

It will be very interesting to see what activities Vivienne has an affinity towards. It certainly seems like a possibility that it will be ballet, but whatever she chooses, we will support her and encourage her. I'm sure she won't be the first ballerina/soccer player!





No comments:

Post a Comment