Friday, January 6, 2012
vivienne | 18 months
Transformation into toddler: status, complete.
Oh, my lady. At 18 months you are a chatterbox. You narrate what you're doing almost all day long. You are very into the 'ing' words. I walking. I dancing. I singing. You are saying several 3 word sentences and have a small obsession with sunglasses. You can count to 10, but things get a little funky in the 7, 8, 9 region. I'm pretty sure you have a good handle on the alphabet because if I stop saying them in the middle you will almost always fill in with the correct letter. Also, I had some alphabet books with me yesterday and you correctly identified the three letters I had brought: E, L and Z. I had no idea.
You and Avery are getting closer every day. I often find you two playing together in your room and when Avery says, "I want to play with someone who talks," it no longer applies to you. I cherish how much you love each other.
Your favorite toys are your minivan, dollhouse, Brother's leap pad (which he is very good at sharing), Bunny and anything that Brother is playing with. You are still very much a Mama's girl and even though you play quite nicely, you still prefer to be held by me. Sometimes I sing the Me and My Shadow song several times per day. You are pretty silly - you are currently closing your foot into a book, and LOVE to be naked. You took your socks off yesterday and someone said, "Oh, she likes to take her socks off," and my response was, "She likes to take everything off." That is not an understatement.
Our biggest struggle still is that you can be the whiniest creature to ever walk the planet earth. It's getting better, but man, there are days. Yesterday was one of them. It was so bad that you started putting yourself into time-out. However, as soon as Daddy walked in the door you magically transformed into Princess Charming herself, offering up snuggles, kiss parties and all of the cuteness. Thanks for that. Daddy gets a love fest and I need a drink!
Vivienne, above anything else, I want you to know how much I love you. I think you are the cutest, most loving, amazing little girl and even on the really challenging days, I take lots and lots of moments to be thankful that I have you, that we have your. Our lives are better and more complete because of you.
PS. As I was writing this, I heard some laughter, looked over and shot this video. I think it covers most of the above. Enjoy.
Stats:
Weight: 20lbs 14oz | 9%
Height: 32in | 55%
Head: 18.25in | 50%
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment