Wednesday, September 29, 2010

a boob with a view

Will nurse anywhere.

Avery feeding the ducks while Vivi ate.

The ducks didn't seem to notice that the cornbread was made with a mix that was over 5 years old.

He started throwing rocks, in the water, not at the ducks, when the bread ran out.

Snuggling with my girl.

I'm so glad to have some mother/daughter shots. Kathryn is a phenomenal amateur photographer.

And some mother/son/daughter ones.

Time for a hike.

And by hike I mean short stroll around the parking lot.

Something I swore I would never allow, also occurring adjacent to the parking lot. The potty was "dirty" and he WOULD NOT use it.

My dearest friend Kathryn aka "other" Kathryn (Annabelle's mama is just Cathryn) came to visit and to prove to her that we do more than lounge in our jammies all day, we took her on a mountain drive up to Echo Lake park. Even though Avery is not a very good car rider and complained incessantly about his tummy hurting (he has been know to toss his cookies more than once but since Aunt Sarah wasn't in the car, I thought our chances of success were pretty good), we had a good trip. On the way back down the mountain we distracted him by singing Christmas carols and if he wasn't tone deaf at that point, he is now.

Avery loved feeding the ducks and throwing rocks into the lake - the ducks had vacated at that point. We also took a nature walk and looked for treasures in varying colors. Getting to spend some quality time with Kathryn was fantastic. She and I have been friends since the 3rd grade and have had a very successful adult friendship despite being separated since high school. Plus, she was immensely helpful in managing two young children while in the mountains and makes the most incredible blueberry sour cream coffee cake. Luckily she left the recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment